Monday, April 1, 2013

Happy Belated Easter!!

I had hoped to get a post up yesterday, but never got around to writing it until last night:).  I hope you all had a wonderful Easter!!  Here is some of the fun we had yesterday:



Easter Morning!!




Charm's big gift was a yoga mat and a yoga DVD:)!! 


Lucky's big gift was a DIY Lip Balm Kit (and an early reader book collection not pictured:)):




We tried out this kit for coloring our brown eggs:




 Here was a little project we did using old broken crayons that I've been collecting and an Easter cookie tray that I picked up on super clearance at Target last year.


We put the crayon pieces in the cookie tray and placed them in the oven at 250 degrees for 20 minutes.


We let them cool:


And then popped them out of the tray.
Wa-la.  Festive new crayons.

Happy Monday to you!


P.S.  Do you see this picture?

It wasn't the first picture we took of Lucky and Charm in their Easter outfits.  It was more like the 100th.  At least it felt like that.  It's the same way it feels every time 'picture time' rolls around for a holiday or family gathering, and the quest begins for the 'perfect picture'.  I thought it would be fun to show the whole series of Easter 2013 pictures because it makes me laugh so hard I get teary, and I'm pretty sure it will make my Mom get teary too.

Background:  We were in a rush to get to church on time yesterday morning (per usual:)), so we didn't take Easter pictures before Church.  On the way home from brunch following Church, both Lucky and Charm fell asleep in the car and stayed asleep on the couch for about an hour after we got home.  When they woke up, we immediately wanted to dye eggs with them, but first we needed to get 'Easter pictures' so they could take their good clothes off.

They were bribed with jelly beans.  Lucky wasn't feeling so awake yet (she very rarely takes naps anymore), but Charm wanted some beans.  I asked him to hold her hand, thinking for some reason that would make her happy.  It didn't.  The pictures can do the talking from here:




'



Lucky is not impressed with the situation.


Charm is perking up:).






Lucky is still not impressed.  McKayla Maroney would be so proud.





Lucky is stubborn, but in our house, you can only fight back the smiles and laughter for so long.  I mean, how can you be expected to keep a straight face when your Dad is fake picking your Mom's nose with a plastic grabber toy from your Easter basket?



















This ends the Easter 2013 photo shoot.  Mission Accomplished.

14 comments:

  1. Can't help but smile with those two smiling like that. Great photos! Cool crayons too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish my website loaded up as quickly as yours lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. this article is truly a good paragraph, keep it up.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I truly like your technique of writing a blog.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I book marked it to my bookmark webpage list and will be checking back in the near future.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good post, keep it up and update with your new phenomenon beautiful stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have reading your blog. It is very interesrting Topic, Thanks for its.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That’s a brilliant story you posted. I will come back to read some more.

    ReplyDelete
  9. It’s exceptionally useful and you are clearly extremely proficient around there.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Awesome and entertaining article. I like to write a little comment to support you.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I did a search on the subject and found mainly people will agree with your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I like what you guys are up also. Such clever work and reporting.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great site. Plenty of helpful info here. I am sending it to several buddies.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Excellent information Providing by this Article thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete