Friday, April 26, 2013

April Play House Update: The Big Top

This month, our play house in the basement turned into a circus/carnival!  The kids are having a great time playing magician and taking hot air balloon rides!

Here are some pictures of the updated space: (Please note, my computer situation is getting worse.  Now, all of my uploaded pictures have a black bar across them.  The originals do  not.  I don't know where it came from or how to make it go away, so please try to disregard it.  The originals are so much better.  I'm tired and don't have the time or energy to investigate it further so I'm thinking of it as my new look to keep myself from crying....anyone know of a good laptop sale going on right now??  Help:)!)















We made the rings for the ring toss using rope and colored duct tape.  The stand is actually a mitten and hat dryer:)!


Giselle the Giraffe


Boog the Bear


I wanted to build a 'zoo' cage for this area, but there wasn't enough time this month.  Then I was going to use  bungee cords to create a similar effect on the bookshelf, but I never got around to that either:).


We are all trying to learn how to juggle:).  It's not going well.  (I found this kit at Barnes and Noble's on super clearance this week!  They had lots of kid books and games for 75% off the lowest marked price = fantastic deals!)


I found these raffle tickets at the dollar store, and we've been having fun earning them with successful ring toss attempts and redeeming them for hot air balloon rides and puppet shows and sweets from the candy corner.


I swear this set up is every kids dream.  (And Bill's too...he tells me he's going to quick run to 'the store' and heads downstairs for dessert:).)  I got the jars on clearance from Target awhile ago, which is weird because most stores still carry them in this size.  I plan to use them for a little pantry upgrade once the carnival is over.





Lucky is putting on a magic show for us using a Melissa and Doug Magic set she received for her birthday last year!




He got a blue dot sucker!!  Winner!!











I hope you all have a wonderful weekend!!

3 comments:

  1. This is so fun!! It's such a creative way to play with your kids, switch out their toys and help spark your their imagination. Can't wait to see what you do with the play house next month. ~Danielle

    ReplyDelete
  2. This turned out so great! I found your blog from Teal & Lime! Small world! I can't wait to read the rest of your posts. Your home is so pretty!

    ReplyDelete